Extra server

Rocking Rackets news

Re: Extra server

Postby Sjoerd » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:17 am

We've moved 2 fast game worlds (rr6 and rr10) back to the old server. This should relieve the load on the new one. We've also added a cache for match displays, which should speed up the display of matches. This was causing a lot of the stress on the servers.

We'll be having our lunch now. After lunch, we'll work on some more optimizations.
Sjoerd
Site Admin

RR username: Sjoerd

Postby Vincent » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:13 pm

We made another big optimization and now it appears to be faster than it has ever been :) We'll keep on monitoring it to see how it goes over time though.
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby ufiors » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 am

Why dont create new servers? i mean, the number of players is not very high at the moment, so we dont need new ones.. but i see many worlds passed the 100th year of play.. if i was a new player i would not be happy to play in such old world.... i saw that on socxermanager.com new words are open almost every day, so also newcomers can buy good players from the begin..
Image TOUR #12 NEWS here
ufiors

Postby ufiors » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 am

Why dont create new servers? i mean, the number of players is not very high at the moment, so we dont need new ones.. but i see many worlds passed the 100th year of play.. if i was a new player i would not be happy to play in such old world.... i saw that on [edit: no advertising] new words are open almost every day, so also newcomers can buy good players from the begin.. anyway, in 3-4 months players in my words (nr 12) passed from 600-650 to 360... we new something of newattractive ideas...
Image TOUR #12 NEWS here
ufiors

Postby CandasXI » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Creating many new game worlds just for the sake of it will result in very few players playing in the separate game worlds thus there will be very little competition just like in Soccer manager... Actually in Soccer manager the first 5 game worlds are all full and the new ones have very few players (if any).. However this thread is not about new game worlds it is about new servers (servers are needed to store and give out information from which the program is kept in. I do not think it is a very good idea at all to create any new game worlds unless one of the game worlds are very close to full and this is not the case at the moment.

Also please note this is a free run game where you are not obligated to pay any sum of money to buy or enhance a player.. It is a very basically done game from the kindness of the programmers. So there shouldn't be many new changes unless you are willing to pay extra for them as this all costs money. Servers also costs money to run every month or contractual yearly, 2 yearly etc... Also note servers are running all the time which adds to electricity bills.. Now unless people want many changes then they need to be willing to pay extra for this and i do not believe they are too willing to do that, as this game is really not supposed to be about being on it all the time but just a leisurely pastime...

Thank you for your attention.
CandasXI

RR username: CandasXI

Postby Andrej Jankov » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm

It is good to have a new server but i can't stop playing at 9 or 12 i have great players and i will stop for 1 new server ? Cmon make 3 servers to choose pls :lol:
Andrej Jankov

RR username: Jankov

Previous

Return to News